EnterTaME

Get ENTERTAINED! An escape from Stress!

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

THE ADVENTURES OF TOLU (TAOT) Episode 1

THE ADVENTURES OF TOLU 

EPISODE 1

Different people were born at different places, and at different times.  Most (if not all) people cannot remember the day they were born. Though we were there physically, but we cannot remember, no matter how hard we try. I also cannot remember the day I was born, neither can I remember the day I started crawling, walking, talking or schooling.  But there is a day of my life that I will never forget. That is;  my 7th birthday. That is where I will start telling my story. 

The atmosphere was quite party-like. There were three tents outside the house.  The compound is a big one. Though all the six cars we had were packed outside the compound,  in order to accomodate people. The MC started by asking Pastor Matthew to open the Programme by praying, and as usual,  the MC asked the quetion of why we were gathered. It was very funny when a little girl came out to say 'We came for wedding'.  Everyone laughed at this girl, maybe because the party was too big and crowded to be a birthday.  Well, my parents;  Mr and Mrs Williams had done a good Job. My dad was the CEO of "Williams' motors", my mother was the ownner of 'Todun boutique', 'Todun supermarket'  and also 'Todun Hotels'. Todun was just a combination of my name and my sister's: Tolulope and Oladunni. My mum really loved us, and she named all her investments after us. Picking 'To' from my name,  and 'Dun' from my sister's. My parents, no doubt, were very rich and that explains why the birthday party was big enough to be mistaken for a wedding even when it's just a seven years old boy's birthday. 

The party was going great,  I had changed clothes like three times,  but that was nothing compared to my sister Dunni who had changed clothes like five times already,  at some point,  I wondered whether it was my birthday or hers. She really likes parties and social functions, she kept shouting and telling Aunty Rebecca (our house help) that she wanted to change clothes. Aunty Rebecca gives her anything she wants,  however that is in strict adherence to the instruction given to her by my mum that she should give us anything we want since she was a very busy woman and was not around most times. "Iya aladuke,  abolode fee loju".  My mum said to Dunni pulling her nose and smiling. 

The party continued,  it went really well. The MC did a good job. I really cannot remember the things he said or the things he did not say, but I do remember that people were really laughing and enjoying themselves. Aunty Rebecca was going up and down to make sure that things were set right.  She was looking really unkempt, my mom kept telling her to do one thing and the other,  and I watched her do them in haste. 

The party ended around 7pm after people gave their gifts, and by 8pm,  most people had left,  except for some people who were washing and cleaning. I  was really happy because that was the first birthday that I celebrated in such grand style. I went to my room, and laid on my bed around 9pm to sleep,  but I couldn't, because I was just too excited and thought about the whole day.

My reminiscence was interrupted when I heard a groan from my mum's room.  I rushed down to see what was going on.  .  .

What happened, find out in Episode 2.

#comment_like_and_share_pls.

No comments: